Buy (sell) at the best-available market price.
- Guaranteed to be executed
- Execution price is not guaranteed
Buy (sell) at a specified price or better.
- A limit buy can only be executed at the limit price or lower
- A limit sell can only be executed at the limit price or higher
- Limit orders are not guaranteed to execute
Buy (sell) after a specified stop price is reached. When the stop price is reached, a market order is placed automatically.
Buy (sell) at a specified limit price, or better, after the trigger reaches the specified stop price. Once the specified stop price is reached, a limit order is immediately placed at the specified limit price.
- Trigger can be either the Mark Price or the Last Price
"Good Till Cancel"
Order will remain active until (1) the order is filled or (2) the order is cancelled.
“Immediate Or Cancel”
Immediately after placement, any unfilled portion of the order is cancelled.
“Fill Or Kill”
Order will only execute if the full quantity is filled immediately after placement.
Order will be cancelled if any portion would immediately execute. This ensures that the order is always on the maker side.